We're glad to support this free Digital Literacy Drop-in for Migrant Workers in partnership with IntersectTO (a BIPOC tech community), Caregiver Connections, Education and Support Organization (CCESO) and Parkdale Project Read.
Sunday March 15, 2020
This free event is designed for the Migrant Care Workers / Caregiver community.
Registration is required. For more information, please visit www.cceso.org
* Smartphones - apps, changing settings, security issues and other troubleshooting issues
* How to write resume on Word or alternative free doc programs
* Staying safe online and on social media
* Setting up basic websites and designing flyers
* Using collaborative applications
* Connecting Bluetooth devices
* Uploading media to the cloud like photos or contact information
* How to locate your phone if it gets lost
* Laptop support - updating your OS, accessing VPN, anti-virus support
ACCESS INFO: Location is accessible to people using wheelchairs, scooters, and other mobility devices. Front door equipped with access ramp and power-assist button. No stairs. Gender-inclusive and accessible bathroom is equipped with assist bar. Please come scent/fragrance free.
Light Refreshments provided. On-site child minding support available.