We began by honouring the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation and Haudenosaunee Peoples. This city, that many caregivers and allies now call home, is on their traditional territories. Thank you for having us as guests on this land as newcomers and settlers.
We acknowledge our:
- Community partners: Mayworks Festival of Working People and the Arts, Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), and the caregivers and allies of Caregiver Connections Education & Support Organization (CCESO)
- Co-sponsors: Department of Equity Studies - York University, Neighbourhood Arts Network, Worker's Action Centre
- Alyssandra Feniquito, our childcare volunteer
- Conely de Leon, our emcee
- Mayworks staff, board, volunteers and community of artists
- Syrus Ware, Program Coordinator of Youth Programs, AGO
- Vlad our technician and Hands-On Centre, AGO
- Kapwa Collective, our family and friends
- Andrew FitzGerald at The East Gallery for hosting our Meryendang Pinoy reception
- Tita Flips, owner/chef of KANTO for making suman!!!
To all caregivers on this Mother’s Day, who care for our elders, our children, and the environment, we honour your labour.
May you be surrounded by love.
Althea & Jo
Illustrating & Writing Team
Kwentong Bayan: Labour of Love